Thursday 22 June 2017

Music System - How to put together a High Quality Music System


I have put together a Hi-Fi Music System for myself consisting of Q Acoustics 2020i speakers, Marantz PM5004 amp and M Audio 2496 sound card.

I have been reading audio related stuff for some time now and I am technically trained in computers.
I have also been following my audio hobby for 5 years now starting from ordinary $50 / Rs 1500 speakers.

I have long given thought to putting together a great system that would cost even lesser than my system but still provide equivalent performance. My system costed me around $700 / Rs 50,000.

In fact I have put together 3 systems according to 3 budgets and quality of sound that can be expected from it.
So without further ado here they are:

Basic System
-----------
The following audio characteristics can be expected from this system:
Clarity
Tight Bass
Fatigue Free sound
Balanced sound
Stereo Separation

Speakers - M Audio AV32 
DAC - Fiio K1 
Connecting wires - Any quality 22-26 AWG 3.5 to RCA cable for about $5/Rs 400 for 3ft./1m For e.g. Monoprice 105597 
Total - $125 / Rs 13,000

Intermediate System
-----------------
In addition to the previously mentioned qualities, sound from this system should also have the following
Timing
Emotion
Musicality
Timbre
Depth

Speakers - Mackie CR4 
DAC - HiFiMeDIY Sabre U2 Asynchronous DAC
Connecting wires - Any quality 22-26 AWG 3.5 to RCA cable for about $10/Rs 800 for 3f/1m 
Total - $225 / Rs 20,000

Advanced System
--------------
In addition to all the above qualities, this system's sound should be
Smoothness
Dynamic Range
Instrument separation (even in heavy orchestras)
Organic Natural Sound
Imaging

Speakers - Yamaha HS5/JBL LSR 305 
DAC - Schiit Modi
USB Cable - Schiit USB Pyst
Interconnect - Hosa HPR-003 x 2 3ft
Total - $450 / Rs 40,000

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why configure a Hi-Fi system

Hello! I had a previous entry on a similar topic but it was unfortunately deleted. Music is a journey and a discovery . Thus this is th...